Friday, June 11, 2010

Sin

My pen is bleeding again
It's been a while
Probably got away this time
It's slipping
And I didn't notice
I need to blot it out
Before it dries up

Will you help?
Here take this cup
And hold it firm
Whilst I fill it up
And watch you squirm

You tried
You tried harder
Than any of the others

I want to place my heart
In your hand
But I'll hold you close
Because you're still trying
To love me for who I am
To forget yourself
For what I need
I tidy up my thoughts
My head.
They're still a-wanderin'
Underneath my bed

The blood is rushing
I open the bottle up
I can still smell the sweet fragrance
Apple
And you drinking up
Last year

Memories rush up my nose
And flood my head
Coagulating my mind
In restless fervor
They're not dead

Death is merely a film
You pass through it
And reach the other side
Parts of you cling on
Like wet sand embracing your skin
Thoughts like love
Hang in the infinite
Like droplets
Frozen and luminous
Freedom
Frozen in a single drop
Not thin like a bubble
Dense
Like the feeling in your heart
When it bleeds

I can't seem to sleep tonight
Or yesterday
Or tomorrow
Their blood is in my face
I cannot wash it off my soul
My sons and daughters will uphold
It somewhere
And then someday
They won't sleep a night
Or three
And maybe
Just maybe
Their pens might bleed again
Trying to wash their father's sins

Can you help them up?
I didn't think so
But thank you
For today.

No comments: